Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Lost, So how about some chocolate?

    I still have not figured out how in a small 300 sq ft space we are still able to lose things! So, I'm sorry but we have no pictures as of late because the battery charger for the camera has gone MIA.  This is not the first item to be lost and I'm sure it is not the last but it frustrates me to no end.  So until it decides to reappear I have a yummy good recipe to share...
  Now this is not my own but one I found at The Bulk Herb Store
  Doesn't that look good!
Spicy Chocolate Recipe
2 cups coconut oil (room temperature)
3 heaping tablespoons Raw Honey
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon Celtic Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon Powder
1 cup sifted coco powder
3 pinches Cayenne Pepper
Mix wet ingredients together and blend in remain dry ingredients. Blend until light and fluffy and pour into your favorite mold or miniature ice cube tray. Cool in the freezer until firm and enjoy!

We made this for our Valentine's treat and it was delicious! And bonus it is actually healthy for you! 
We made two versions, one with a dark chocolate coco powder and one with regular.   I just used an ice cube tray but the chocolates were rather rich with a full cube so we cut ours in half. They didn't look nearly so pretty but tasted great. (for the record it says spicy but it doesn't have a hot spicy flavor just don't go overboard on the cayenne) Enjoy!

If you want more instruction click on the Recipe title to go to the site and the creator, Shoshanna, has a video for you to watch. (although I found it slightly confusing but it shows that this is a pretty easy recipe hard to mess up.)

No comments:

Post a Comment