Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Mountians ?

  Until 7 months ago I lived somewhere in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains.  I keep being told that I am in the Ozark Mountains here in Missouri.  I keep looking for the mountains.  These mountains are big hills compared to the Rockies.  While they have there own beauty they are not the peaks I am used to seeing.  I miss the view of mountains.  So while I may not be able to look out and see the snow capped mountains everyday, we did find a place here that has what I would call real mountains.  They may not reach above treeline and get much snow but they were close and these views were wonderful!
     And being I love fall the trees were out in all their splendor. I'm sure it was just for me, *wink, wink*
 We had the cousins with us, Of course pictures just don't do these scenes justice.
 See the peaks?  Wait let me get the kids out of the way.
 That's better :)  And you can see for miles!  I love it.  At least we're getting closer to the mountains I grew up with.
This was a gorgeous Blue Heron we saw by the river.  It was on our way to the mountains above but too cool not to show you.  Plus he posed for us. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment