Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Garden Time!

Ok, So I've gone overboard on my attempts at gardening before See post 800.  That was part of last years garden and well live and learn.  Of my 800 plants not many survived, but I learned a lot. Mostly I get excited and get a little over zealous trying to plant all that I want and run out of time. 

So with that in mind this year I tried to cut back a bit.  I started some pepper and tomato plants inside.
That's my focus this year tomatoes and peppers that doesn't mean I haven't planted some other things but I'm trying to keep myself reigned in knowing I have limited time to put in on the garden...
Here's my little garden spot.  With everything so green it's hard to see the different things I've got going.  But there's radishes, cabbage, broccoli, tomatoes, spinach, onions, and peppers.  Now I am not a very neat or organized gardener!  As I have plants to go into the ground I find a spot and plant it.  Since there isn't much rhyme or reason to it I have to draw myself a little map of my garden so I can keep it all straight.   And of course I always run out of room so to add some space I use the big hill of dirt we still have..
Since pumpkin did so well on it last year I planted squash, zucchini, watermelon, cucumber, and a pumpkin plant there.  In case your wondering that big tall plant on the hill is what most consider a weed.  It's a poke plant and we left it there as we like poke... Click here on how we make it.

I am pleased this year everything is doing great and I've already picked a mess of spinach and pulled radishes.

My tomato plants already have green tomatoes on them...

I am so excited and hope to have a bumper crop of tomatoes. Now if I can just get the girls to pull weeds I'd be in good shape :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment