Monday, April 28, 2014

800!


That is the beginning of almost 800 plants for the garden.  Tomatoes, peppers, eggplants, cabbage, tomatillos and more.  Sugar bug helped me one day and we got these all started.
  Why so many?? Well, one we plan a big garden, two not all of them will survive, and three I like being able to share and trade when we have extra of something. 

 I'm loading up our trays with soil to plant in.  Normally I would use seed starter that you buy but we couldn't find any around here so I made my own using potting soil and soil that we had delivered for the cold frames. (below)


Now I'm sure one of you with more plant expertise can tell me why this was a bad idea.  I must say I don't think it's worked as well but sometimes you work with what you have.  I started all these a couple weeks ago and now I have several small spouts coming up.

Aw there so cute :)
 Now that it's warming up I have all the plants outside sitting in the cold frames we finally finished.

Got the dirt in and a few things planted.  Lots to do still!  I'm starting feel a bit overwhelmed to get it all in and planted. We still need to work on our garden plot.  We wanted it at the old spot we had last year but don't think we can get a way to water it so we'll need to put it closer.  I'm sure we'll get it figured out.  Every little bit counts.  
Things are always coming along around here.
How's your garden growing?

No comments:

Post a Comment