Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Healthy Chocolate Milk

What can I say we like our chocolate around here.  With 3 girls in the house what did you expect!

 So I was in the kitchen the other day craving something sweet but still wanting to stay away from sugar.  So as I rummaged in the cupboards I found I had cocoa so I racked my brain what I could make with cocoa.

I decided on Chocolate Milk and threw together this healthy version that uses honey for sweetener. 

Heathly Chocolate Milk.

I just grabed a kitchen teaspoon (like what you eat your cereal with)
2 heaping teaspoons of Cocoa
2 heaping teaspoons of Honey
Just enough hot water to mix into a syrup (about a tablespoon or so) stir together.
Then pour milk to fill glass and stir. 

It was delicious and if you wanted Hot Chocolate just heat your milk.  I feel ten times better giving into my kids chocolate milk demands with this.   I think it tasted better than the  chocolate syrup we used to buy!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment