Thursday, December 5, 2013

Bee’s Honey!

Well I’m still having technical problems but I really wanted to get some posts up.  Sorry if they come out a little jumbled.  We’ve had so much going on and I will get pictures of our new land up next but first…
We have honey! 
So we are not the best bee keepers yet we started with two hives and one was weaker than the other.  The stronger one survived, so we have one hive now.  Our bees didn’t have enough time to make much honey just for us so we took the honey that was left in the weaker hive.
187
Excuse the messy kitchen. 
194 Super D cut open the comb then set the trays up in a warm oven to let the honey drip down.  I had to go to work so I got out of helping but came home to four beautiful jars of honey.
196 It tastes wonderful. I am excited for next year.  Since we have an established hive I’m hoping we will have a bigger haul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment